LiDAR is a commonly used application in high precision sensors in autonomous cars, photogrammetry and bathymetry but it is certainly not limited to it. Do you know that it can also be used in detecting and analyzing the natural disasters like landslides? Landslides lead to huge loss of life as well as property but what if it could be detected and prevented on time.
Lidar- A Tool for Geologists
Geologists now use LiDAR as an effective medium to predict and thoroughly study landslides. Government and scientists have integrated the airborne LiDAR as a major component in disaster mitigation initiatives. Data which is gathered using LiDAR efficiently provides useful insights into geographical risk zones which contributes in the identification of vulnerable areas. One of the main advantage of using this technology is that it provides the images even under thickly vegetated areas along with other hidden details like extent of deformation, slope angle etc. All the above information validates that LiDAR is a valuable tool in landslide assessment.
Cutting Edge Analysis and Preemptive Data
LiDAR helps in getting even minute details and offers an inclusive view, the data is either collected by analyzing the terrain surface or by detecting change between the surfaces on a regular period of time. In prior, the surface features and associated properties are thoroughly analyzed to identify parameter values whereas the later focusses on detecting changes in surface movement and deformation. In both the methods, surface representation is assessed.
Combining LiDAR with GIS services improves the accuracy and quality of geological data. It enables geologists and disaster management experts to identify landslide prone areas. After marking a site, they start studying the underlying causes of landslide. LiDAR Data Processing reveals subtle surface details that can’t be captured by aerial photographs. The Geo Spatial Data has increased the efficiency of landslide observation a multiple time, which has raised the chances to mitigate landslide.
Today, in the digital world, hard copies need to be converted to digital form before being used for any service. This is because digital maps are easy to maintain. They take up less space and can be preserved for a longer time. Therefore, GIS Document Management System plays a vital role.
Many small and medium business think that the digital solution for document management is for large corporations but small businesses too have begun to implement software document management in their business operation. Since the cost is relatively lesser.
Adopting a system of documentation through GIS-based survey and mapping with spatial details will end false transactions. The UPOR launched as a pilot project in Mysuru in 2010 is expected to be a solution to end fraudulent land transactions.
The digital document management will help maximize the processes related to recovery. Also, management of large files. This means you can search for documents based on certain words or phrases and get the desired results in seconds, while the record of this type might have taken hours before.
Thus, instant retrieval of documents is possible because as you scan and convert, you can apply OCR and documents can be searched based on text content.
For such services, you may get in touch with us. We are a well – known GIS document management company providing services including management, alignment, scanning large maps and indexing of digital data. We also take care of each aspect to preserve the originality of the document.
Esri, the global leader in spatial analytics informed about the release of Intelligence Configuration for ArcGIS Pro (ICAP). This will bring the most commonly used ArcGIS data management tools to the forefront in order to better support intelligence analysts.
Document, E-book and pdf conversion among others are the different kinds of data conversion.
GIS Data Conversion –
• It is a critical process in the migration of information from existing information databases to new ones that often require changes in data formats.
• It refers to the alteration and transfer of data between different systems, when the systems undergo replacement or updates.
• It is also of great importance in the insurance sector. Companies can make use of different strategies for converting data to ensure that the data is compatible with their systems.
Right data conversion should ensure the following:-
• Data is converted into an appropriate format and is transferred correctly
• Data works in the new destination database
• Data retains it’s quality and data consistency is maintained at all times across all the systems.
GIS Consortium has the capability to convert hard copy into a wide range of electronic formats. GISC’s team of experienced and multi – skilled specialists have a vast knowledge of converting various types of geospatial data. It can deal with the present day challenges such as complexity of data, project timelines and effect on the quality and accessibility of the data, ensuring a smooth and successful data conversion.
For a good quality GIS Services, you can get in touch with the GIS Consortium.
The objective of GIS is to identify new trends from the analyzed research. It is a system used to gather data and incorporate it in order to store, scrutinize, distribute and show geographic information.
Studying data using the Geographic Information System will help one learn and understand information much quicker and easier.
GIS data displays actual world features such as elevations, terrain and transportation networks in a digital format. It is often used to study global problems in an effort to find solutions much more quickly.
Different GIS Applications –
• An important use of GIS is for studying the climate change. It can be used in the tracking and analyzing of data regarding the impact of climate change.One can map tectonic shifts in high risk earthquake areas, using GIS mapping for public safety.
• In regards to business marketing techniques, a business can use GIS to analyze demographic data to find regions where they will likely sell their products or services.
• Governments can utilize GIS to analyze census information such as health and education statistics. This is helpful for creating or modifying public policies and government spending.
• GIS technology also provides assistance for mapping and charting in Aeronautic and Maritime fields.
• It can be used for security and law enforcement logistics, urban planning and development and evaluating a potential business market.
• Also, in the management of natural resources by National Geo Resource Management, tracking and analyzing natural disasters with the intent of improving emergency response time.There is use of GIS in agriculture as well.
GeoReferencing is the method of assigning the real-world coordinates to each pixel of the raster. Usually, these coordinates are obtained by doing proper field surveys and collecting coordinates with a GPS device for few easily identifiable features in the image or the map.
It is basically a means to associate something with locations in the physical space or the process of associating a physical map or raster image of a map with spatial locations.
The importance of Georeferencing lies in its ability to turn non-spatial imagery into spatial raster data for use in a variety of circumstances. Spatialized air photos can be used for GIS land cover analysis.
Following Are Some of the Uses of Georeferencing:-
• It makes the different imagery required for mapping. It explains how other data, such as the above GPS points, relate to the imagery.
• Necessary information may be contained in data or images produced at a different point in time. It can be used to compare this data with that currently available.
• Different maps may use different projection systems. The tools of Georeferencing contain methods to combine and overlay these maps with minimum distortion.
• Data obtained from surveying may be given a point of reference from topographic maps by the application of GeoReferencing.
• It may be required to establish the significant relationship between social survey results which have been coded with postal codes or street addresses.
Also, for other geographic areas such as census zones or areas such as public administration or service planning.
The use of lidar data processing has erupted in recent years, for many good reasons. The Lidar technology helped in producing higher-quality results than traditional photogrammetric techniques that cost low. Therefore, this has created a huge accomplishment to a large extent by the automatically collecting measurements very densely. The progress in laser scanning hardware has been astonishing.
One of the major side effects of switching to lidar-based technology is that it has many challenges in increasing the data volume and the development of software processing abilities required. Fortunately, there are many benefits offered by Lidar technology such as LiDAR Mapping Services, lidar data processing workflow, and Lidar 3D Scans.
1. Have Lidar in LAS Format
Having a lidar in LAS format can be visible to the admitted but not to the one who is new to using lidar data. LAS stand for Laser is the industry standard format for lidar. This helps in choosing the best format that works best.
2. Make Sure the LAS Files Are “Tempered” for Use in GIS
When you have to use LAS, a lot of things go on between initial data collection of LAS files a ready to use the file. Therefore, you can use LAS as there are many flavors out of which some are better than others for use in GIS.
3. Consider Your Options
Look for a company that provides several complimentary options for accessing lidar. Basically, there are three primary data access tools: the LAS dataset, the region dataset, and the mosaic dataset. Therefore, if you will learn about them you will get a better idea to determine which one is for use.
4. Stage Data Appropriately
Lidar data is quite large and requires careful planning to avoid producing a network to its knees or making users wait for long to display.
Therefore, if you have to determine the best overall approach, make sure you get your questions and queries solved. Questions such as – How large is the dataset? And will the whole lidar samples process in order to ad-hoc queries?
The Digital India Initiative is at full flow and with it many projects have come up. India is on a path of digital transformation and Geographic Information Systems have found great use in this initiative. GIS technology has allowed for better collection and analysis of data and ensured that local and even national Governments can now make more informed decisions about a particular geographic area.
GIS Service for Government Sector
GIS has evolved through the years and become much smarter than what it initially was. With latest technologies and equipment GIS services are able to provide a more in depth look into an area and help in better decision making. From natural resource management, to businesses, transportation, emergency response, urban planning and even health care such technology has found application in so many areas. It has proved to be a beneficial system for Government needs all over the world. Some of the many ways in which GIS proves useful for Governments include-
• It can help in better disaster management- Advanced planning can help avert major catastrophes and save numerous lives. GIS can be used to assess areas that are susceptible to disaster and thus, allow for better management
• In health care also such systems find use and can help a lot in containing an epidemic. It can help the medical industry understand areas better and know which place needs what type of health care
• The vision of smart cities can also benefit a lot from such systems
• Emergency management and utility management can also be better handled with the use of such systems
• With such urgency to protect our natural resources here too such systems can help in a big way
There are a lot more applications of GIS technology in Government needs and it is important that they make use of it to plan and make the best possible decisions.
Geographic Information Systems have a wide range of applications in different industries. These systems have become a key component in many organizations. With the chance of visualizing and analyzing data better industries are able to understand recent trends and relationships more efficiently. GIS can help answer many geography based questions and it is exciting to see how in the future these systems will improve.
There are a lot of GIS applications for different industry needs the most popular of them being-
- GIS In Mapping And Technology- If you have ever used Google maps to find a place near you then believe me you have made use of some kind of GIS technology. This is the central function of these systems and thus, they find used in any kind of mapping need and in the technology industry.
- Government Needs- From agriculture needs to surveying areas, flood damage estimation and even disaster management, GIS systems can be used in all such applications for government needs.
- Advertising- GIS today has even proved used for advertising as it can help in better decision making and identify areas where consumers are more likely to buy a certain products
- Medical- The health and medicine industry can benefit greatly with the use of GIS. It can help in the collection of health data of a particular area, map out areas where there is a disease outbreak and do so much more
- Insurance- Even here GIS systems prove useful in areas like catastrophe planning, risk prediction and analysis and customer service analysis
Learn more on – GIS Applications in Agriculture and Natural Resource Management
Seeing this it is clear that GIS are not just restricted to be used in a single industry but find application in so many organizations.
Geographic information Systems came as a boon for many industries allowing them to collect, manage and analyze data in a more efficient and quick manner. GIS is not a single system instead it refers to a number of technologies, processes and data collection methods. From engineers to transport and logistics, planning, management and businesses all can use GIS systems for various needs.
Like anything related to the world of information technology, GIS too is a system that is evolving and upgrading on a regular basis. For industries using this service it is important to know what new is coming up and how can they benefit from it. To help in this here are a few major trends or updates to look forward to this year-
Trends Updates Of Geographic Information System
- User interface may improve especially when it comes to accessibility on smart phones. It is predicted that more efficient and task driven may soon come up
- Cloud computing may be the biggest update and addition in the GIS spectrum. There are many great options that cloud can provide including security and storage capabilities.
- The GIS industry trends for open source software, open data and standards is bound to continue this year
- Drones regulations have come up in many places who know what changes we see this year, while there may be some ease given for GIS needs
Looking ahead there is a lot more that can come up in this world of GIS and before any business starts make use of this technology there are a number of things it needs to consider and be ready for.
A GIS is a computer system that is specially designed to carry, reserve, manage, interpret, distribute, and display a variety of spatial and geographical data. These days, these GIS applications have become a necessity in various types of organization.
Check out some important GIS application and its uses:
GIS in Mapping
Mapping is a central function of Geographic Information System, it makes easy for a person to interpret the data into visual interpretation.
There are different people of varies professions that use the map to communicate. The best example of GIS mapping solutions is Google map, Bing map, Yahoo map.
Telecom and Network services
GIS application can be a great planning and decision making tool for telecom industries. It helps wireless telecommunication companies to incorporate geographic data into their network design so that they can easily plan, optimize, maintain, and check other activities.
Accident Analysis and Hot Spot Analysis
GIS has a great role to play even in minimizing accident hazard on roads. Yes, the current road network helps in optimizing which measures the road safety and check on where it needs to be improved. This all can only be achieved if you have proper traffic systems, thus, this GIS helps in rerouting the design.
GIS application also helps in analysing the urban population and also checks from where the growth is expanding. Therefore, it finds suitable sites for further urban development. In identifying it checks on several factors such as land accessibility, land’s depth, and land should have a good supply of water.