Today, in the digital world, hard copies need to be converted to digital form before being used for any service. This is because digital maps are easy to maintain. They take up less space and can be preserved for a longer time. Therefore, GIS Document Management System plays a vital role.
Many small and medium business think that the digital solution for document management is for large corporations but small businesses too have begun to implement software document management in their business operation. Since the cost is relatively lesser.
Adopting a system of documentation through GIS-based survey and mapping with spatial details will end false transactions. The UPOR launched as a pilot project in Mysuru in 2010 is expected to be a solution to end fraudulent land transactions.
The digital document management will help maximize the processes related to recovery. Also, management of large files. This means you can search for documents based on certain words or phrases and get the desired results in seconds, while the record of this type might have taken hours before.
Thus, instant retrieval of documents is possible because as you scan and convert, you can apply OCR and documents can be searched based on text content.
For such services, you may get in touch with us. We are a well – known GIS document management company providing services including management, alignment, scanning large maps and indexing of digital data. We also take care of each aspect to preserve the originality of the document.
Esri, the global leader in spatial analytics informed about the release of Intelligence Configuration for ArcGIS Pro (ICAP). This will bring the most commonly used ArcGIS data management tools to the forefront in order to better support intelligence analysts.
Document, E-book and pdf conversion among others are the different kinds of data conversion.
GIS Data Conversion –
• It is a critical process in the migration of information from existing information databases to new ones that often require changes in data formats.
• It refers to the alteration and transfer of data between different systems, when the systems undergo replacement or updates.
• It is also of great importance in the insurance sector. Companies can make use of different strategies for converting data to ensure that the data is compatible with their systems.
Right data conversion should ensure the following:-
• Data is converted into an appropriate format and is transferred correctly
• Data works in the new destination database
• Data retains it’s quality and data consistency is maintained at all times across all the systems.
GIS Consortium has the capability to convert hard copy into a wide range of electronic formats. GISC’s team of experienced and multi – skilled specialists have a vast knowledge of converting various types of geospatial data. It can deal with the present day challenges such as complexity of data, project timelines and effect on the quality and accessibility of the data, ensuring a smooth and successful data conversion.
For a good quality GIS Services, you can get in touch with the GIS Consortium.
GeoReferencing is the method of assigning the real-world coordinates to each pixel of the raster. Usually, these coordinates are obtained by doing proper field surveys and collecting coordinates with a GPS device for few easily identifiable features in the image or the map.
It is basically a means to associate something with locations in the physical space or the process of associating a physical map or raster image of a map with spatial locations.
The importance of Georeferencing lies in its ability to turn non-spatial imagery into spatial raster data for use in a variety of circumstances. Spatialized air photos can be used for GIS land cover analysis.
Following Are Some of the Uses of Georeferencing:-
• It makes the different imagery required for mapping. It explains how other data, such as the above GPS points, relate to the imagery.
• Necessary information may be contained in data or images produced at a different point in time. It can be used to compare this data with that currently available.
• Different maps may use different projection systems. The tools of Georeferencing contain methods to combine and overlay these maps with minimum distortion.
• Data obtained from surveying may be given a point of reference from topographic maps by the application of GeoReferencing.
• It may be required to establish the significant relationship between social survey results which have been coded with postal codes or street addresses.
Also, for other geographic areas such as census zones or areas such as public administration or service planning.
The Digital India Initiative is at full flow and with it many projects have come up. India is on a path of digital transformation and Geographic Information Systems have found great use in this initiative. GIS technology has allowed for better collection and analysis of data and ensured that local and even national Governments can now make more informed decisions about a particular geographic area.
GIS Service for Government Sector
GIS has evolved through the years and become much smarter than what it initially was. With latest technologies and equipment GIS services are able to provide a more in depth look into an area and help in better decision making. From natural resource management, to businesses, transportation, emergency response, urban planning and even health care such technology has found application in so many areas. It has proved to be a beneficial system for Government needs all over the world. Some of the many ways in which GIS proves useful for Governments include-
• It can help in better disaster management- Advanced planning can help avert major catastrophes and save numerous lives. GIS can be used to assess areas that are susceptible to disaster and thus, allow for better management
• In health care also such systems find use and can help a lot in containing an epidemic. It can help the medical industry understand areas better and know which place needs what type of health care
• The vision of smart cities can also benefit a lot from such systems
• Emergency management and utility management can also be better handled with the use of such systems
• With such urgency to protect our natural resources here too such systems can help in a big way
There are a lot more applications of GIS technology in Government needs and it is important that they make use of it to plan and make the best possible decisions.
Today, there are many industries that can reap the benefits offered by Geographic Information System (GIS). From agricultural and irrigation, to telecom, mining and oil and gas, utilizing geospatial information has become easier for all these industries and many more – thanks to the newest advancements in the world of GIS.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits that GIS has to offer in this day and age.
With the objectives to improve workflow or re-engineer processes, GIS ultimately helps the users to achieve greater efficiency. Whether through mapping, scanning or geo-referencing, automating processes and improving workflow has become a reality at present. As a matter of fact, with increased efficiency, wastage gets reduced to a significant level, which ultimately leads to cost-effectiveness in businesses.
Improved Decision Making
Accurate decision making, though important in all the industries, is a critical success factor in industries like real estate, urban development and planning, transportation, etc. Thus, it becomes important to rely on technologies like GIS to make the correct decisions, without any errors, while exploiting the very many opportunities that they bring for the businesses in these industries.
Visual communication is one of the most important forms of communication at present. Besides giving access to hard to get information and analysing the same easily, GIS enables real time tracking leading to better results in quick time.
So, take the best possible advantage of geographic information system (GIS) and visualize, analyze, and interpret data like never before!