Geographic Information Systems have a wide range of applications in different industries. These systems have become a key component in many organizations. With the chance of visualizing and analyzing data better industries are able to understand recent trends and relationships more efficiently. GIS can help answer many geography based questions and it is exciting to see how in the future these systems will improve.
There are a lot of GIS applications for different industry needs the most popular of them being-
- GIS In Mapping And Technology- If you have ever used Google maps to find a place near you then believe me you have made use of some kind of GIS technology. This is the central function of these systems and thus, they find used in any kind of mapping need and in the technology industry.
- Government Needs- From agriculture needs to surveying areas, flood damage estimation and even disaster management, GIS systems can be used in all such applications for government needs.
- Advertising- GIS today has even proved used for advertising as it can help in better decision making and identify areas where consumers are more likely to buy a certain products
- Medical- The health and medicine industry can benefit greatly with the use of GIS. It can help in the collection of health data of a particular area, map out areas where there is a disease outbreak and do so much more
- Insurance- Even here GIS systems prove useful in areas like catastrophe planning, risk prediction and analysis and customer service analysis
- Environment Management- GIS technology can help in natural resource management, forestry needs, impact analysis, mapping , surveying and other such things
Learn more on – GIS Applications in Agriculture and Natural Resource Management
Seeing this it is clear that GIS are not just restricted to be used in a single industry but find application in so many organizations.